What Information Syncs from BambooHR to Bamboo Payroll?
Purpose: To show you what fields in BambooHR will sync to and from Bamboo Payroll when updates are made in either system.
The following personal information will sync between BambooHR and Bamboo Payroll:
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Address line 1
- Zip code
- Marital status
- Work email
- Home email
- Work phone
- Home phone
- Mobile phone
- Employee # (Must be six digits or less and numeric only)
The following job information will sync between BambooHR and Bamboo Payroll:
- Employment Status
- Compensation**: Includes Pay Rate*, Pay Type, Paid Per, Pay Period. Pay rate is sent to payroll as a per pay period amount, no matter how it is tracked in BambooHR.
- Job Information: Includes Division, Department, Job Title and Reports to. If an employee does not have a Department or Division, they will show as "None" since these are both required for Bamboo Payroll. Additionally, if a Department or Division is deleted in BambooHR, the field will change to "none" and can be manually edited as needed. Keep in mind that what you want to see in payroll should be what you include in this table as it will sync to payroll.
- Hire Date
- Termination Date
- Standard Commissions and/or Bonus Table**: This will not sync if it is a custom table.
*For all Standard Job tables, the current data will be synced between systems. Any changes that are future dated will not push to Bamboo Payroll until the date arrives.
**Wage information is read only in Bamboo Payroll and therefore any updates must be made in BambooHR. This prevents errors and provides a safeguard for future dated wage increases since future dated changes will not push to payroll until that date arrives. Wage information includes the Compensation table and includes the pay rate (pay amount + paid per), pay period, and pay type.
If you are utilizing our time tracking API or importer to get approved hours worked in BambooHR then you may have additional pay rates tied specifically to hours worked by an employee. These additional pay rates are tracked in the time tracking software you are using and will be passed to Bamboo Payroll, but not tracked on the employee's job tab in BambooHR.
If you add a new Division or Department to BambooHR, your Payroll Specialist will automatically be notified so they can sync the new item to Bamboo Payroll. Please do not add the new Division or Department to any employee before you hear from your Payroll Specialist. Otherwise, the employee will not sync with Bamboo Payroll correctly. Your Payroll Specialist will notify you once the sync is complete.
The following benefit information will sync between BambooHR and Bamboo Payroll:
- Per pay period deduction amounts for enrolled benefits. If an employee wants to see what the company is contributing to benefits, they will need to view this in BambooHR since it does not appear on the paystub. Regardless, you may choose to show or hide the company pays information through access levels from the employee view.
- Even though Employee pays and Company pays are both set up within each benefit group, there is a way to override the amounts for an employee in Bamboo Payroll. This is a rare case where the payment amounts for Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental may be adjusted on a case by case basis through Bamboo Payroll. This means that if it is edited in Payroll, then it will update the employee's benefits tab and accurately be reflected on their paystub.
- All benefits and deductions will be tracked in BambooHR, with the exception of garnishments and child support. These will be set up during Bamboo Payroll Implementation with your Payroll Specialist.
The following time off information will sync between BambooHR and Bamboo Payroll:
- Paid Time Off for hourly employees
- Approved PTO requests (within the pay period date range)
- Approved hours worked* (within the pay period date range)
*If you are utilizing approved hours worked, this information will pull from your time and attendance import.
The following information on the Pay Info tab will sync between BambooHR and Bamboo Payroll:
- Payroll Summary: Employees can view pay period, paystub overview, paystub details (deductions, taxes, direct deposit details and total gross earnings), pay trend graph and year to date details.
- Direct Deposit: Employees can add up to four direct deposit accounts.
- Federal Withholding: Filing status, exemptions and optional additional withholdings.
- State Withholding: Depends on the selected state. Some states do not require withholding information while others have many withholdings.
Did you know that you can add Direct Deposit, Federal and State Tax Withholding fields to the New Hire Packet so your new employees can add this information for you before their first day?