Add Direct Deposit Information
Purpose: To show you how quick and easy it is for an employee to update his or her own direct deposit information in BambooHR.
Pay Info Tab
An employee can update his or her direct deposit information by going to the "Pay Info" tab and clicking "+ Update Direct Deposit."
Update Direct Deposit
This will bring up a pop-up box where the employee can add direct deposit details. Bamboo Payroll allows the employee to have up to four banks for direct deposit. When adding direct deposit information, it is important to add the bank details in the correct order. As you can see in the screenshot above, the first direct deposit will be a % or $ from the grand total. The next direct deposit will only be a % or $ from what is left of the total. This continues until the last direct deposit. If there is any amount left over after the fourth deposit, a paper check will need to be printed by the Account Owner/Admin through Bamboo Payroll for the remaining balance.
To add a new bank account, simply click "+ Add Account."
The following information will need to be added for each bank account:
- $ or %: Determine whether it should be an exact amount or a percentage of the remaining total.
- Amount or Percentage: If $ is selected, then an exact amount should be entered here. If % is selected, then the percentage amount should be entered here.
- Account Number: The employee's account number should be entered here.
- Routing Number: Every bank has a routing number tied to it. The employee needs to enter his or her bank's specific routing number. Once this is entered, if it is one of the top 25 banks in the US, then the bank's logo will appear to the right. If it is not one of the top 25 banks in the US, then a basic bank logo will appear.
- Account Type: Select whether this is a Checking or Savings account.
Once the direct deposit information is complete, click "Save" and the information will appear in the Direct Deposit table.