Purpose: Logging in to BambooHR is quick and easy. However, we know that sometimes you might not get it right the first time. We have created this guide to help you troubleshoot any issues with logging in to BambooHR.
Tips for employees
- Contact your administrator to confirm you have the correct login URL and access to log in to BambooHR.
- Confirm you are using the correct email address with its correct spelling.
- If you have not received the welcome email, please check your spam folder in your email account. Occasionally, a email provider directs the welcome email there.
- If you have not created a password or do not remember your current password, go to your company's BambooHR URL and click Forgot Password? From there, you need to have your email address listed on your BambooHR profile in order to receive an email with a new link for setting up a password.
- If you enter an incorrect password five times, you will get locked out and be unable to log in for 30 minutes. To resolve this, simply click Forgot Password to receive an email with a link for setting up a new password. There is no restriction on using a previously used password when updating it.
Tips for administrators
- If an employee's hire date is in the future, the employee cannot log in to BambooHR. For the employee to have access, the hire date must be today or a previous date.
- If you add a new employee and enable their access while on the new employee form but do not add the hire date, the new hire will not receive an email notification to set up their password. Always be sure to add the employee's hire date for sending a password setup email. If you would like to have the specific field required during the new hire setup, please contact a support hero.
- When you add a new employee and enable their access, check if there is already an email account for the employee. If you allow an employee access to BambooHR without an email account, the email will bounce back to BambooHR, which leads to a suppression on the email account. The employee will not receive further emails until there is a resolution. If this happens, the Account Owner will receive an email notification to fix the suppression and have the employee receive future emails. Upon receiving the email, the Account Owner can correct the email address or click Yes, it is to remove the suppression.
- If an employee was previously terminated and then rehired, be sure you have enabled their access upon rehire so they can log in to BambooHR.
- If an employee has forgotten their password, you can send them a password reset email, or they can send an email to themselves on the login page.
- If your company uses Google Mail, check out our single sign-on integration with Google. Your employees can sign in to BambooHR without a password as long as they remain logged in to their Gmail account.
BambooHR will automatically log you out after 30 minutes of inactivity on your account. To keep the session active, you need to click on a link or refresh the page every 30 minutes or less. Moving your mouse around does not count as an activity on the page. Once your account is inactive for 30 minutes, the screen will go dark, and you will be required to enter your password to log back in.
When a login attempt is made through a new browser, the user will receive an email notification of the activity, and a modal will appear for the user to confirm they trust the browser they are using. This provides an extra level of security for our users.
The email will display the time zone and country of origin for the login attempt. If there is a security concern, there is an option to reset your password. Only the user of the account will receive the email notification, not their manager.
Clicking Yes, Trust This Browser will allow the user to successfully log in, and they will no longer see this modal or receive email notifications for future login attempts on this browser.
Please keep in mind that if a user blocks or clears their cookies, they will receive the notification the next time they log in. Users will not receive a notification if they log in through a third-party authentication tool or on the mobile app.