Purpose: Logging in to BambooHR is quick and easy. However, we know that sometimes you might not get it right the first time. We've created this guide to help you troubleshoot any issues with logging in to BambooHR.
Tips for Employees
- Contact your administrator to confirm you have access to log in to BambooHR and you have the correct login URL.
- Confirm you are using the correct email address and it is spelled correctly.
- If you haven't received the welcome email, please check your spam folder in your email account. Occasionally, the welcome email might be directed there by your email provider.
- If you haven't created a password, or you don't remember your current password, simply navigate to your company's BambooHR URL and click "Forgot Password?" From there, all you need is your email address listed on your BambooHR profile and you can be sent an email with a new link to set up a password.
Tips for Administrators
- If the employee's hire date is in the future, then the employee will not be able to log in to BambooHR. In order to have access, the hire date must be today or in the past.
- If you add a new employee and enable access while on the new employee form, but do not add the hire date, the new hire will not get a notification to set up their password. Make sure to always add the employee's hire date in order to ensure that the password email is sent. If you would like to make that field required during new hire set up, please contact a support hero.
- When you add a new employee and enable him or her with access, be sure the email account with your company has already been set up. If you enable access to BambooHR and the email account hasn't been created, the email will bounce back to BambooHR and a suppression will be created on the email account so the user will not receive further emails until it is removed. If this has happened to you, please contact a support hero for help.
- If the employee was previously terminated and then rehired, be sure you have enabled their access upon rehire so they will be able to log in to BambooHR.
- If the employee has forgotten their password, you can easily send them a password reset or they can send one to themselves on the login page.
- If your company is using Google Mail, check out our Single Sign-On integration with Google so your employees can sign in to BambooHR without a password as long as they are currently logged in to their Gmail account.