How does Ximble Integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what Ximble is used for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
Ximble is an easy to use, cloud-based employee scheduling and time tracking system for small to medium businesses. All BambooHR clients can easily integrate their favorite HR platform with Ximble and have their employee information synced automatically. Export the employee data along with their time off and pay rate information from BambooHR to Ximble. Sync timesheet and payroll information from Ximble into BambooHR.
You can learn more about Ximble in BambooHR's Marketplace.
Before you get started, you will need to create an API key in BambooHR. You will use this API key later during set up.
Additionally, please note the Company Directory must be turned on and accessible to all employees in BambooHR in order for the integration to be enabled.
Once logged into Ximble, navigate to the "App Center" on the left side and select BambooHR.
On the BambooHR widget page, you will need to enter the following information:
- Paste the BambooHR API Key you previously copied.
- Enter your BambooHR subdomain.*
- Decide what information you would like to sync (see more information below).
- Once your setting information has been entered, click "Save" to activate the sync.
The information from BambooHR will immediately be synced over into Ximble. Once the initial sync is complete, the system will automatically re-sync the data every 60 minutes.
*Note that your subdomain is the very first part of your BambooHR URL. For example, if you normally log into your account by going to https://helpcontent.bamboohr.com, then your subdomain would simply be "helpcontent."
- Sync approved time off requests: This option will instruct the system to pull approved time off requests from BambooHR into Ximble. It will also allow you to include approved PTO hours from BambooHR into a payroll report on our end.
- Sync holidays: By enabling this feature, the system will synchronize the holiday information you have configured in BambooHR into Ximble.
Sync employee data: If you want to sync your user profiles from BambooHR into Ximble, you can do so by enabling this option. Once you do that, and you save this widget, the system will re-sync your user data every 60 minutes. This is a one-way synchronization, so any changes you make to user profiles in BambooHR will be transferred into Ximble within 60 minutes, but not vice versa. Any changes made through Ximble may be overwritten by data from BambooHR. In addition to syncing employee profiles, you can also choose to include or filter this data by the following parameters:
- Exclude employee pay rates: This option allows you to instruct the system not to synchronize the pay rate information. In that case, your employees will be simply assigned with a 0 pay rate in Ximble.
- Exclude locations: By enabling this option, you can choose to create locations with different names than those you have in BambooHR and organize your employees across such locations if needed. In case you enable this, all new additions through BambooHR will be synced with a default location in Ximble, until manually re-assigned later on.
- Exclude positions: You can choose to exclude your employee's jobs and positions from BambooHR and organize their position data differently in Ximble.
- Restrict by departments: If you need to sync only a specific group of employees from one or multiple departments, then you can select this option. Once you save the widget setting, the system will show you a list of departments so you can select which departments exactly to sync.
- Restrict by position: If you need to sync only a specific group of employees from one or multiple positions, then you can select this option. Once you save the widget setting, the system will show you a list of positions so you can select which group of employees exactly to sync.
This information has been provided by Ximble.
Please note that if you are planning to use Ximble as the system of record for your time off information, then you will want to uncheck "Sync approved time off requests" to be sure no time off information is transferred over from BambooHR.
Once the initial sync occurs, if a user updates his or her first name in Ximble then it will not be overwritten by BambooHR. The integration is specifically designed this way in case an employee wants to show a different name (such as a nickname) on the schedule.
If there is no email address (work or home) associated with the employee in BambooHR but there is an email address already in Ximble, the sync will automatically remove the email address data in Ximble so the email field is blank. Please be sure to keep the email address as a required field in BambooHR in order to ensure the email address is not overwritten in Ximble.
There are two reasons why you may want to sync the payroll data from Ximble to BambooHR. With working hours available in BambooHR:
- You can run payroll and pay your employees for the number of tracked and approved hours in Ximble.
- You can have the accrual policy system accruing hours based on the number of approved work hours in Ximble.
The payroll data sync is on demand. Once you navigate to the Payroll report page in Ximble, you can select an appropriate date range and overtime rules. Then you can simply click "Generate" and select "Export to BambooHR."
The payroll information will be sent from Ximble into BambooHR, and you will receive an email with results.
Important note: Please note that only approved hours will be taken into consideration when exporting data to BambooHR. Hence, please ensure that your timesheet information is approved prior to running and exporting the payroll report.
If you choose to sync approved time off requests from BambooHR, then you will be able to see the requests in Ximble.
You can access the approved time off requests in Ximble by going to the "Requests" tab and then selecting "Time-Off." Once you select a date range, you will be able to see all approved requests within that date range. If there is a note attached to the time off request, you will also be able to see that information.