View the Company Directory and Organization Chart
Where can I Find the Company Directory and Organization Chart?
Purpose: To help you teach your employees where they can access the Company Directory and Organization Chart in BambooHR.
Do you prefer hands-on learning? Our interactive guides will walk you through different aspects of your Bamboo experience and we even have an interactive guide specifically designed to show you how to view the Company Directory. You can use the link below to access this guide. All you need to do is modify the "REPLACEME" with your BambooHR subdomain and you can get started!
Note that the Company Directory and Org Chart will only be accessible if the feature is enabled.
If an employee has access to view the Company Directory, they can access it by going to the Employees tab and clicking on the Directory icon in the top right corner.
The Company Directory is automatically alphabetized by Last Name. Employees can be found through the search in the top left corner. The search bar will allow you to search by name, department, division, location, and job title.
You can group the directory by name, department, division, and location. There are also quick filters to narrow the directory down to the right group of people including:
- My Circle (Your peers, manager, and direct reports)
Hovering over "direct reports" will show you a listing of those that report to this person.
Clicking "Quick access to the directory" will take you to a new tab with your company directory on it. You can bookmark this page to make it accessible to you without logging into BambooHR. The directory bookmark page will require you to login every 30 days.
If an employee has access to view the Org Chart, they can access it by going to the Employees tab and clicking on the Org Chart icon in the top right corner.
- Select which employee you would like to start with and determine how many levels you would like to show in the chart.
- Click on the arrow to pull down the employees that report to that person. The number denotes how many direct reports the manager has.
- Refresh the chart to go back to starting with the CEO and his or her direct reports.
- Zoom in or out to get the best view of the Org Chart.