What will the display name change?
Purpose: To help you understand which areas of the account are affected or unaffected when changing the display name.
The display name defines how employee names appear throughout the account. To change the display name, go to Settings and click Account. Select General Settings, and you will find Display Name.
The display name WILL change the appearance of employee names in the following area of BambooHR:
- Preview: When previewing BambooHR as another user, you will see the display name listed at the top.
The display name WILL NOT change the appearance of employee names in the following areas of BambooHR:
Email alert: Addresses employees by Preferred name if it is set up on their Personal tab. If not, it will display the employee's First name.
- Employee's profile view: An employee's profile view always shows the employee's first name, preferred name, middle name, and last name, as applicable. (i.e., Charlotte (Char) Danielle Abbott)
- Job tab: Managers, direct reports, and reports to, show as Preferred name, Last name.
- Employee list view: This will always show employee names as Last name, First name unless you change this through customizing the list view.
- My Info widget: Always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Who's Out widget: Always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Celebrations widget: Always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Standard reports: Shows employees as Last name, First name, except for the following reports, which show the display name: Birthdays, Years of Service, Headcount, and Goals Status. Additionally, the Additions and Terminations report, Timesheet Entries report, Employee Project Hours report, and Project Hours report show Last name, Preferred name.
- Company Directory: Shows employees as Preferred name, Last name (or the first name if there is no preferred name).
- Power edit: Lists employees by Last name, Preferred name.
- Org Chart: Lists employees by Preferred name, Last name.
- Access levels: Shows users under the specific access level as Preferred name, Last name.
- Hiring leads: When selecting a hiring lead for a new job opening, the list will show users by Preferred name, Last name.