What will the display name change?
Purpose: To help you understand which areas of the account are affected or unaffected when changing the display name.
The display name defines how employee names appear throughout the account. To change the display name, go to Settings and click Account. Select General Settings, and you will find the Display Name field.
The display name WILL change the appearance of employee names in the following areas of BambooHR:
- Preview: When previewing BambooHR as another user, you will see the display name listed at the top.
Email alerts: The following email alerts will show the display name of referenced employees within the alert, although the addressee will still be addressed by their preferred name.
- Benefit Eligibility
- Birthday Summary
- Employee Anniversaries
- Employee Anniversary Summary
- Custom Table Date
- Employee Visa Renewal
- Employment Termination
- Task Reminder
- Pending Time Off Requests
- Time Off Reminder
- Training Expired
- Training Not Complete
The display name WILL NOT change the appearance of employee names in the following areas of BambooHR:
Email notifications: They address employees by their preferred name if set up on their Personal tab. If not, they will display the employee's first name.
- Employee profile view: The view of an employee profile shows the employee's first name, preferred name, middle name, and last name (as applicable) For example, Charlotte (Char) Danielle Abbott.
- Job tab: Managers, direct reports, and reports to, show as Preferred name, Last name.
- Employee list view: This will always show employee names as Last name, First name unless you change this setting through customizing the list view.
- My Info widget: This widget always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Who's Out widget: This widget always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Celebrations widget: This widget always shows employee names as Preferred name, Last name.
- Standard reports: Those reports show employees as Last name, First name, except for the following reports that show the display name: Birthdays, Years of Service, Headcount, and Goals Status. Additionally, the Additions and Terminations report, Timesheet Entries report, Employee Project Hours report, and Project Hours report show Last name, Preferred name.
- Company Directory: The directory shows employees as Preferred name, Last name (or the first name if there is no preferred name).
- Power edit: This lists employees by Last name, Preferred name.
- Org Chart: The chart lists employees by Preferred name, Last name.
- Access levels: This setting shows users under the specific access level as Preferred name, Last name.
- Hiring leads: When selecting a hiring lead for a new job opening, the list will show users by Preferred name, Last name.