Home in the Mobile App
How does the home screen function in the mobile app?
Purpose: This help guide will give you a general overview of the BambooHR mobile app's home screen.
From Home, you can navigate to the following areas:
- Announcements: From here, you can find any new company announcements (see below).
- Inbox: The red dot indicates items that need action taken.
- People: View the Company Directory, and contact any employee directly.
- Files: Search, view, and upload company files based on your access.
- My Info: View your employee information. If you have access to edit your personal information on the My Info tab, you can tap on specific fields to update pertaining information.
- Time Clock: If your company uses BambooHR Time Tracking, you will see the option to clock in and out or manually add your work hours here. Additionally, you can tap Timesheet to go to the Timesheet tab under My Info.
- Balances: View your current time off balances. Only three time off types will show here, but you can click Time Off to view additional types on the Time Off tab. If you tap on one of your time off balances, you will get a redirect to your Time Off tab under My Info.
- Request Time Off: Submit time off requests while on the go.
- Out Today and Celebrations: Quickly view who from your team is out of the office today and who is celebrating birthdays or anniversaries.
- Calendar: View the company calendar that includes who will be out of the office and any company holidays.
- Company Links: Tap here to see a list of links that your HR Admin has shared with you.
- Settings: Manage specific settings for your login.
Make sure you turn on notifications for the BambooHR mobile app. When there is a posting of a new company announcement, you will receive a push notification.
Notification on Home
Additionally, you will see a notification on Home when you log in to the mobile app. Click the megaphone icon to go to the list of announcements (see below).
All unread announcements will have a branded and colored dot next to them. You can tap an announcement to read its full message.
From the Inbox in the mobile app you can do the following:
Time off requests:
- Approve or deny
- See who else will be out on the requested days
- Approve all or select
- Sign requested documents
- Mark complete
- Attach files
- Sign attached documents
- Preview attached documents
- Preview files attached to comments
You also have the option of filtering by All Items, Time Off Requests, Timesheet Approvals, Signature Requests, Onboarding, and/or Offboarding. Toggle the top option to view all assigned tasks throughout the company.
Would you like more information on how to turn on and configure your Company Directory?
Do you know how to enable iCal feeds?
Check out this video which contains some helpful tips on using the mobile app.