Request Time Off in the Mobile App
How do I request time off in the mobile app?
Purpose: Requesting time off is one of the main reasons you will be regularly logging in to BambooHR. This help guide will give you all of the resources you need to submit your time off requests for approval.
Do you prefer hands-on learning? Our interactive guides will guide you through different aspects of your BambooHR experience. We have an interactive guide specifically designed to show you how to request time off in BambooHR's web app. You can use the link below to access this guide. All you need to do is modify the "REPLACEME" with your BambooHR subdomain, and you can get started!
Request time off
There are two ways to request time off through the iPhone mobile app.
- My Info > Time Off
Scroll through the calendar and select the date(s) you would like to take time off. If you need to choose a date range, tap the start date and drag your finger through to the end date. Another way to choose is by tapping the start date and end date.
After choosing your dates, tap Continue.
Select the time off type
Scroll through and select the time off type you would like to request. The balance you will have available on the date(s) you selected automatically shows next to each time off type.
Confirm the amount and add a note
The amount for each day will auto-populate for you, but if you need to change the amount, tap on the amount and make your changes. Additionally, you will see the options of Full Day or Half Day.
Once you confirm the amount, add a note as to why you are requesting time off. Then, tap Send.
After you submit your request, a notification will appear letting you know that you submitted your request successfully.
To request time off in the web app, navigate to the Time Off widget on BambooHR Home.* Click Request Time Off.
- Select the date(s) you need to take time off. If you are only requesting one day, the start date and end date will be the same.
- Select the type of time off you are requesting.
- The dates you need to take time off will pop up, and the amount of time (hours or days) will be auto-filled. If you need to edit the number of hours, click in the amount box to update it.
- Add a note for the approver(s).
- Click Send Request to submit your time off request for approval. Once the approver(s) decide on your request, you will receive an email notification.
*If you are not using BambooHR Time Tracking, you will see the Request Time Off button in the My Info widget on Home.