Home in the Mobile App
How does the home screen function in the mobile app?
Purpose: This help guide will give you a general overview of the BambooHR mobile app's home screen.
From Home, you can navigate to the following areas:
- Inbox: The number indicates approvals that need action and new unread company announcements.
- Timesheet: If your company uses BambooHR Time Tracking, you will see the option to clock in and out or manually add your works hours here. Additionally, you can tap Timesheet to go to the Timesheet tab under My Info.
- Balances: View your current time off balances. Swipe left to right in this section to view additional current time off balances (if applicable). If you tap on one of your time off balances, you will get a redirect to your Time Off tab under My Info.
- Request Time Off: Submit time off requests while on the go.
- New Announcements: From here, you can find any new company announcements (see below).
- Approvals: View a separated list by each type of approval (time off requests, timesheets, etc.). You can go to your inbox to view all approvals, or you can tap on a specific approval type to automatically see the filtered view.
- Signature Requests: If you have any outstanding signature requests, you will see a notification on Home. Tap Signature Requests to go to the filtered view in your inbox to find all outstanding signature requests.
- Out Today: Quickly view who from your team is out of the office today.
- Calendar: View the company calendar that includes who will be out of the office and any company holidays.
- My Info: View your employee information. If you have access to edit your personal information on the My Info tab, you can tap on specific fields to update pertaining information.
- People: View the Company Directory, and contact any employee directly.
- Files: Search, view, and upload company files based on your access.
- Settings: Manage specific settings for your login.
Make sure you turn on notifications for the BambooHR mobile app. When there is a posting of a new company announcement, you will receive a push notification.
Notification on Home
Additionally, you will see a notification on Home when you log in to the mobile app. Click Announcements to go to the list of announcements (see below). Once you tap to open the notification (either from here or your Inbox), the notification will no longer be on Home and is only accessible via your inbox.
If you tap the inbox in the top right corner of Home, you can tap Announcements to see a list of all recent company announcements. All unread announcements will have a branded and colored dot next to them. Again, you can tap an announcement to read its full message (see below).