How does Absorb integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what you can use Absorb for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
Absorb LMS is a smart and intuitive solution for your onboarding, compliance training, and professional development needs. Tune Absorb LMS to precisely address your training and development strategy. Automatically enroll new employees in their onboarding training, target professional development opportunities for learners based on their job role, title, or department, and let Absorb LMS manage your annual compliance reminders and reporting. Drive real business results with the help of Absorb LMS.
You can learn more about Absorb in BambooHR Marketplace.
To enable the Absorb integration, you must first submit a ticket to Absorb's support desk and request access to the integration. Once you have access to the BambooHR integration in your Absorb account, follow the steps below to enable the integration.
Log in to your Absorb account. Navigate Settings and select Portal Settings.
Note: To set up this integration, you must be a Full Admin user in Absorb and BambooHR. If you do not see your settings in Absorb, go to https://YOURSUBDOMAIN.myabsorb.com/admin/. Be sure to replace YOURSUBDOMAIN with your Absorb account subdomain.
Select Manage BambooHR Integration.
Enter your BambooHR subdomain.*
*The subdomain is the first part of your BambooHR account URL, so if your account URL is: https://helpcontent.bamboohr.com, your subdomain is helpcontent.
You will get redirected to your BambooHR URL, where you can enter your email address and password to log in.
BambooHR will now be connected to Absorb.
Once you have the integration established, additional tabs will appear in the integration settings.
The User Data Mapping tab is where you will configure all user sync logic. This includes indicating which users are to be completed in the sync, user field mapping between BambooHR and Absorb LMS, department mappings, and LMS admin access settings.
Note: BambooHR is the system of record. Any changes to data on a synced user's profile must occur in BambooHR.
- Unique Identifier: Determine which field will match when cross-checking between Absorb and BambooHR to create or update a user.
- Mapped User Fields: Set the mapping for the required LMS user fields shown in the screenshot above. You can add any additional fields by clicking Add User Field. The list of fields available pulls directly from your BambooHR account.
- Absorb Department Mapping: Determine what settings you would like for the department structure. There are three options: 1) Assign all users to their respective BambooHR department, 2) Create your departments underneath the BambooHR department, and 3) Select a field from the user profile and match the field value across all departments in your Absorb portal. You can learn more about each of these options here.
- Synced Users: Select which users you would like to sync to Absorb. You can select to sync all users or users based on specific filters using BambooHR fields.
- LMS Admin Access: Select which BambooHR synced users you would like to give admin access in Absorb. Click Add Admin Access Rule and determine how you would like to filter these users. You can learn more about how to do this here.
If you would like to have completed enrollment records synced to BambooHR as part of the integration, you must complete the course sync settings.
There are three options for syncing course information from Absorb LMS to BambooHR:
- Sync all LMS courses to BambooHR, which includes online courses, curricula, and instructor-led courses.
- Sync courses based on tags.
- Sync courses within specific categories.
Note: Completed enrollment records will sync to BambooHR only if the user is and the course syncs. If the course or the user does not include in the sync, the completion will not communicate to BambooHR.
- Enable Sync: Turn on the sync with BambooHR here.
- Email addresses for sync errors: Determine which email address(es) you would like to receive sync error emails.
Be sure to click Save after setting up the settings.
Note: Altering your sync settings does not modify your data retroactively. If you have made a critical sync logic change, please select Reset Sync. You can only use this option once every 24 hours. Please ensure you have finalized your settings before selecting Reset Sync.