Timesheets on the Employee's Profile
What Information is Available on the Timesheet Tab?
Purpose: When BambooHR Time Tracking is enabled for an employee, a Timesheets tab is created on the employee's profile. This guide will teach you more about what details are available on the Timesheets tab.
Single Daily Entry
When BambooHR Time Tracking has been enabled for an employee, a Timesheet tab will appear on the employee's profile. You will find the following information on the Timesheet tab:
- Pay Period: Select the Pay Period you'd like to show the timesheet for. You can select any pay period in the past 12 months, rolling.
- Timesheet Settings: Select whether you'd like to show weekends (please note that days that have hours entered will always be displayed), daily graph (the bar graph in the summary), and pay period totals.
- Pay Period Ends: Notice that only days within the current pay period allow you to enter time unless hours in the previous pay period have not been approved. You will not be able to enter hours in the days that are before the current pay period if they have been approved.
- Hours Worked: Enter the hours worked for each day here. If an employee has added a project and task or note to their time worked, it will show below the time entry. If the employee has edit access, they will be able to edit any time added to the timesheet until it has been approved.*
- Holidays: Company holidays will show on the timesheet, including the holiday rate for hours worked on the holiday. If your employees do not work holidays and you've set up Time Tracking to give each employee a certain amount of hours for the paid holiday, you will see the total number of hours the employee is allotted for the holiday in the timesheet. Holiday hours for the pay period will only show on an employee's timesheet if the hire date is before the holiday. If the hire date changes, the timesheet will automatically recalculate to only show the holiday if it occurs after the hire date.
- Paid Time Off: If the employee has paid time off, it will be displayed on the timesheet. Note that the employee will still be able to enter time worked on that day since not all time off will be for a full day.
- Current Day: The current day will show in the account color.
- Timesheet Summary: Quickly see how many total hours have been worked during the work week and pay period, including overtime. The chart will show gray bars for future days in the period that represent the hours worked that time last week. Once the time is actually entered, the bars will be in the account color. Hover over each bar in the chart to see the number of hours worked and the date.
*The timesheet in the screenshot above is for Single Daily Entry. The screenshot below will show you Multiple Daily Entries.
Multiple Daily Entries
If you are using Multiple Daily Entries for tracking hours worked, the following features will be available on the timesheet:
- Clock In/Clock Out: If you've enabled the time clock in Time Tracking Settings, your employees will see a button to Clock In or Clock Out in the top right corner of their timesheet tab. This will also show on Bamboo Home for quick and easy time tracking. If you are not using the time clock, your employees will simply be able to add their time in segments which will allow for multiple daily entries (See below). If you are using project tracking, a pull down will appear allowing the employee to clock in and select the project to track for the time entry.
- Multiple Entries: A history of all working hours will be recorded on each day. Each time the employee clocks in and clocks out, a new line is created. If the employee has edit access to their timesheet they will be able to edit any of the time entries within the current pay period as long as they have not yet been approved. If the employee is not currently clocked in, then he or she will be able to add time manually by hovering over the specific day in the pay period. If there is a note attached to the time entry, you will see the note icon upon hover. If there is a future time entry in the pay period, the employee will not be able to clock in until the time entry is in the past. If you are using project tracking, the project will show inline with the time entry.
Once any timesheets have been approved for the employee, the tab will always appear on the employee's profile, even if the employee becomes salary, is removed from Time Tracking, or is terminated.