How does Human Interest integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what you can use Human Interest for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
Table of Contents
- Human Interest
- What steps do I need to take before enabling the integration?
- How do I enable the Human Interest integration?
- SFTP enablement
- What data syncs between Human Interest and BambooHR?
- Where do I go for support for this integration?
Human Interest is an online 401(k) provider that, like BambooHR, is easy to adopt and even easier to use. We provide affordable, customizable, and automated retirement benefit plans that are custom-built for small and medium-sized businesses and their employees. Human Interest’s full service 401(k) includes recordkeeping, compliance services, full account setup, flexible plan design options, and reporting.
You can learn more about Human Interest in BambooHR® Marketplace.
Before enabling this integration, you need to create a custom access level for Human Interest to access your BambooHR account. This user must have access to all employees you would like to synchronize with this integration.
Custom access level
Create a new custom access level named Human Interest with the following parameters:
- Under the What this Access Level Can Do section, click Settings and mark Benefits.
- Under the What this Access Level Can See section >> See about other employees, click on the Benefits tab and grant the user Edit access to benefit groups, benefit history, and all 401(k) related benefits, such as 401(k) and Roth 401(k).
Save your new access level.
Add a non-employee user
After you have created your new custom access level, you will need to add a non-employee user to the access level. You can do this by clicking on the gear button in the top right corner when viewing the access level in Settings. Enter the following information for this new user:
- First name: Human
- Last name: Interest
- Email: bamboo+[company ID]@humaninterest.com (If you don't know your Human Interest company ID, please reach out to Human Interest.)
- Access Level: Human Interest (the one you created above)
Click Save to grant this new user access.
To connect, go here and log in to your Human Interest account. Click Connect to BambooHR and enter your BambooHR subdomain.*
*The subdomain is the first part of your BambooHR URL. For example, if your BambooHR URL is https://helpcontent.bamboohr.com, your subdomain would be helpcontent.
To set up the following deduction codes in BambooHR, you will need to email email@example.com and CC: bamboo+[company_id]@humaninterest.com.
- 401(k) deduction code
- Roth 401(k) deduction code
- 401(k) Loan deduction code
- 401(k) employer contribution code
If you use the TRAXPayroll integration, you will also need to create a user for Human Interest in TRAXPayroll. You can do this by going to the Company tab and clicking Users and then clicking Add User.
Enter the following information for the new user:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User Name: Humaninterest
- First Name: Human
- Last Name: Interest
- Password: [create your own]
- Confirm Password: [confirm your own password]
- Time Zone: Pacific Time
- Receive Notifications: Uncheck all boxes
- Contract Information > Mobile Phone: 415-494-7228
- Role: Payroll & RemoteLink
- Allow Login?: Yes
- Pay Group Security: All Permissions
- Disable Payroll Approval: Checkmark
- Remote Login > Remote Employee Mapper: None
Click Save at the top of the page to add the new user.
After you have saved the user, please email the login credentials, including the new password, to email@example.com.
To build the SFTP file* feed, please fill out this form: https://bamboohr.formstack.com/forms/payrollreportrequest
- To find your TRAX Client ID, log in to TRAXPayroll and click Home. Your client ID is in parentheses next to your company name.
- Payroll Report Type: Select 401 Report.
- Check Yes for "Are you currently running payroll in TRAXPayroll?"
*Please note: Human Interest will cover all fees related to the setup of SFTP.
You can find this information in BambooHR® Marketplace. To learn more about syncing fields, please click here and navigate to the Integration section.
If you are an existing customer using this integration, please be aware that Human Interest supports this integration.
Click here to find contact information.