Upload Extra Pay
Purpose: You can upload employee wages such as bonuses, commissions, and expenses to the payroll center using a template file. This help guide will show you how to upload additional pay before running payroll.
Upload Extra Pay
Before uploading extra pay, make sure you have added wage types to your account. Go to the Upload Extra Pay tab in the Payroll Center.
- Format Type: You can upload files using Employee ID, Employee Number, or SSN as the unique identifier. These identifiers are on the employee's TRAXPayroll employee's BambooHR profile.
- Import File: Click Choose File and select the file you would like to upload.
- Format: Click Upload Specifications to access the template required for uploading deduction information. (See example below.)
- Next: Once you have chosen your format type and import file, click Next to upload your additional pay.
Validating uploaded additional pay
After uploading your file, you will have three options to verify that all records import into TRAXPayroll successfully.
In the Edit Pay Type section, you can choose to edit the pay type codes (found on your upload spreadsheet) to match your pay types in TRAXPayroll. Click Edit, type in the new name under Pay Type Code, and then choose Update to update the record.
Pay Types are in TRAXPayroll, and Pay Type Codes are on your spreadsheet. In many cases, these will be identical. However, there are times when admins use a different name on their import which mandates this important step. For example, in TRAXPayroll, it may be called Cell Phone Reimbursement, but the spreadsheet calls it Cell Phone or CP.
Available Pay Types in TRAXPayroll
|Deferred Compensation - Nonqualified||Yes||Yes|
|Housing Allowance - Minister||No||Yes|
|Imputed Income - DP or LTD Fed & State Taxable||Yes||No|
|Imputed Income - DP or LTD Fed Tax Only||Yes||No|
|Imputed Income - GTL||Yes||No|
|Imputed Income - Stock Option||Yes||No|
|Non Payable Non Taxable Reimb||No||No|
|Non Payable Non Taxable Third Party Sick||No||No|
|Non Payable Taxable Benefit 2%||Yes||No|
|Non Payable Taxable Income||Yes||No|
|Non Payable Taxable Stock (Non-Stat)||Yes||No|
|QSEHRA - Permitted Benefits Health Reimb||No||Yes|
|Standard Pay - Additional||Yes||Yes|
|Stock Option Income (Non-Stat)||Yes||Yes|
|Third Party Sick Pay||Yes||No|
|Tips - Non Payable Taxable||Yes||No|
|Tips - Payable Taxable||Yes||Yes|
|WA PFML Supplemental Pay||Yes||Yes|
Under the Imported Pay Additional List section, you can make edits to uploaded data to make sure that all records import successfully.
- Status & Reason: In the table, you can check the status of each record. If a record has failed to import, you will see the reason why.
- Edit & Delete: You can click on Delete to eliminate unneeded records. You can click on Edit to make changes to any records as needed.
- Make Edits: You can make necessary edits to records to make sure they will transfer into TRAXPayroll successfully.
- Update & Cancel: Once you have made your edits, click Update to save the changes or click Cancel to void the changes.
Save & Validate
Once you have made necessary changes to pay types, job codes, and the Imported Pay Additional List, click Save and Validate to save all changes and check the new status of each record.
After saving and validating your updates, be sure to check that all statuses now show as Successful. Click Finish to finalize your import.
You will then see a confirmation screen that lets you know your import was successful.
Once you have the additional pay import finalized, go back to the Upload Extra Pay tab in the Payroll Center and change the Already Uploaded status to Confirmed. Here, you can see the additional pay that is confirmed and ready to be pulled into your payroll run. The file will pull into payroll automatically as long as the post date used is within the pay period indicated. You can confirm the filing is pulling in by clicking Preview Additional Pay/Expense at the bottom of Step 2 or by clicking the Additional Pay/Expense report in Step 3.