Purpose: A correction request form is for when TRAXPayroll needs to adjust payroll data in our internal systems to report accurate tax filings and year-to-date payroll data. This help guide will show you how to submit a correction request using this form.
Once receiving the correction request form, TRAXPayroll will process the corrections in our internal systems. If there is incorrect information reported, TRAXPayroll’s tax team can then submit amendments to the associated tax agencies.
Corrections occur on a first-come, first-served basis, and TRAXPayroll cannot accommodate expediting a request. This allows the tax team of TRAXPayroll to work systematically through these requests as efficiently as possible. The typical turnaround time for these corrections are as follows:
- January - April: 60-90 days
- May - December: 30-60 days
After the correction processes in TRAXPayroll’s internal systems, the tax team will then submit an amendment to the associated tax agency. The amendment will notify the agency of the correction and impacts to taxes. The typical turnaround time for submission of an amendment to the associated tax agency is as follows:
- May - November: 60-90 days
- December -April: 90-120 days
The following is additional information detailing each step of filling out the correction/amendment form.
- 2% shareholder employer health insurance cost (reported on Box 14 of W2 and can be recorded during payroll using the extra pay type name “Non Payable Taxable Benefit 2%”).
- Deduction (medical, child support, HSA, retirement, etc.).
- Employee data change (local or state tax location, name, SSN, etc.).
- Group term life (reported on box 12 C of W-2 and can be recorded during payroll using the extra pay type name “Imputed Income - GTL”).
- Taxable fringe benefits (employee stock options, personal use of company vehicle, tuition, transportation, etc.).
- Third-party sick pay (short or long-term disability pay, insurance provider sick pay, etc.).
- Wages paid outside of payroll.
- Message Support directly because the issue is too complex.
- Company name
- TRAXPayroll client ID
- Company contact's first name and last name
For all tax correction and employee data correction requests, we ask that you please download and fill out the spreadsheet file below and submit it via the form. Select the appropriate tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet for the type of request you are submitting (see below) and follow the instructions on the spreadsheet to report corrections needed. Please note that most of the required data can be found in the correct format by pulling a Complete Summary report from the Date Range Reports in TRAXPayroll.
- Cares ERC Template tab - Use for reporting 2021 ERC eligible wages that were not reported as such in TRAXPayroll.
- Deduction Template tab - Use for reporting corrections to employee deductions - either increasing or decreasing the deduction amounts.
- FFCRA Template tab - Use for reporting FFCRA wages that were not reported as such in TRAXPayroll.
- Wage Correction Template tab - Use for reporting corrections to employee wages.
- Employee Data - Use for reporting corrections to employee data changes such as name, home address, and SSN. Make sure to update the employee's info in BambooHR before submitting the request.
The EEID can be found in the URL for the employee's profile as seen in the image below. If you have access to custom reporting, you can also run a report with the EEID for all of your employees.
- EEID: The id=4 in the url is Charlotte's EEID (employee ID). You'll want to use this number on the spreadsheet.
- EE #: This is Charlotte's EE # (employee number). Notice that it is a different number than her EEID.