Company Users in TRAXPayroll
Purpose: A variety of user roles are available in order to limit the areas of TRAXPayroll available to each user. The Company Users tab is where you can manage user access and add new payroll administrators. This help guide will show you how to add new users.
Payroll access in TRAXPayroll is separate from any access level in BambooHR. As most payroll administrators will need access to both systems, make sure you have first enabled access for the user in BambooHR. See "What about BambooHR for Payroll Admins?" below.
TRAXPayroll users are individuals who have any level of access to TRAXPayroll. On the Company Users tab, you can:
- Add a new user
- Take additional actions (See "User Actions" below)
Click on the action button next to the user’s name to do the following:
- Edit: This will take you to the access setup, where you can edit the user’s settings.
- Reset Password: You can send the user a link to reset their password. For security reasons, this link is only good for 20 minutes.
- Send Test Email: If the user is not receiving regular email notifications, you can send them a test email to help figure out why they are not receiving them. For example, the user may have accidentally filtered the emails to a spam folder.
To add a new user, navigate the Company Users tab and click Add User.
- Enter the user’s information. Once you have enabled the user, you can send them a Reset Password link if you would like them to create their own password.
- Payroll Reminder: Check this box to send administrators a payroll reminder at the end of the pay cycle, two days before the payroll due date.
- Time Off Reminder: After the pay period ends, this email will send daily if time off hours are not yet approved. This email can send to the admin as well as the manager.
- Bank Change Reminder: Check this box if the user should receive email reminders when a change of bank accounts occurs in TRAXPayroll.
- Tax Account Reminder: Check this box if the user should receive email notifications about state tax account numbers missing in TRAXPayroll.
- Help Ticket: Check this box if the admin should be in the CC field on help tickets generated by their employees regarding TRAXPayroll questions.
- Payroll Approved Email: Check this box if the user should receive email notifications when payroll gets approved. Note: The admin user who approves payroll will receive an email even if this is unchecked.
- Add the user’s basic contact information.
- Role: Select the role for this user. (See "Role" definitions below.)
- Allow Login?: Change this to No if you need to turn access off for prior admins.
- Pay Group Security: This can allow access to all pay groups, or users can be restricted to a specific pay schedule if needed.
- Disable Payroll Approval: Check this box if the user should not be allowed to approve payrolls.
- Remote Employee Mapper: This is for third-party HR systems that link with TRAXPayroll. This will allow the user to log in to the HR vendor’s system and jump to TRAXPayroll using a link. In BambooHR, this is the Open TRAXPayroll button on the Payroll tab. Please note, only Full Admin and Payroll Admin users will populate in this list for you to choose from.
If you have a third-party user you work with who needs access to information in your account, you will need to grant them access to the Users tab.
You can set them up as a regular admin user (Payroll - Read Only) who will be able to access the entire website but cannot make any additions or updates. Or, you can give them access to the Reports tab only (Payroll - Reports Only) if that will provide them with the information they need.
Most payroll administrators will need access to both BambooHR and TRAXPayroll. As a result, you will need to link the user's access to both systems.
First, make sure you have enabled the user's access in BambooHR as a Payroll Admin.
Once the user has access to BambooHR, you can navigate Company > Users in TRAXPayroll and add the user there. You will want to select the correct employee user under the Remote Employee Mapper field (#5 in the screenshot above). This will allow the user to log in to TRAXPayroll from BambooHR using the Open TRAXPayroll button on the Payroll Tab.
Please note that if you create a non-employee user in BambooHR and grant them access to SSO (Single Sign-On) into TRAXPayroll, access will automatically be created for the user in TRAXPayroll. You can learn more about this here.
|Payroll Only||Includes full access to the Payroll Center tab, Company tab, Employee tab, and Reports tab. Users can also fully run payroll.|
|Payroll & RemoteLink||Allows the most access. Includes full access to the Payroll Center tab, Company tab, Employee tab, and Reports tab. Users can also fully run payroll.|
|Payroll - Read Only
||Includes access to only the Company tab, Employee tab, and Reports tab. No edit capabilities, but this user can run reports.|
|Payroll - Reports Only||Includes access to only the Reports tab.|
|Payroll - Upload Only||Includes access to only the Approve Extra Pay and Upload Extra Pay sections under the Payroll Center tab.|
|No Access||No access permissions to any part of the system.|
User roles will be available in your TRAXPayroll account depending on what features you are using. If you do not see a user role listed above, it is most likely not applicable to your account.