How does Maxwell Health Integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what Maxwell Health is used for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
Your current benefit broker must be a Maxwell Health Partner in order to utilize this integration. Please contact Maxwell Health if you have any questions regarding available brokers.
Maxwell Health is a fully paperless operating system for employee benefits that streamlines online enrollment in all types of benefits and empowers employees to engage with their health and well-being. Maxwell totally reinvents the benefits shopping experience with its lifestyle-based packaging of benefits, and Maxwell's mobile app engages employees throughout the year (not just during open enrollment).
You can learn more about Maxwell Health in BambooHR's Marketplace.
First, you will need to verify that your current broker is a Maxwell Health Broker Partner. If so, they will need to contact their Maxwell Health Representative to provide the benefit details and employee information to Maxwell Health directly. Your broker will coordinate with Maxwell Health to build your customized Employee Benefit Portal.
Once your portal has been created, contact a BambooHR Support Hero to assist you in enabling the integration in your account.
Note: There is a one-time $200 Maxwell Health Integration fee required to integrate with Maxwell Health. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact a Support Hero.
This information can be found in BambooHR's Marketplace. For more information, please click here to learn more about syncing fields.
In order to ensure a successful sync, First Name, Last Name, SSN, Country, and Email Address are required. However, to trigger the benefit correctly, all of the other syncing fields must be entered.
In order to successfully sync your data to Maxwell Health, the following fields will be added to your BambooHR account:
- Standard Hours Per Week
- Benefit Group
The following fields will be disabled in BambooHR and Maxwell Health will be the source of record:
- Benefits Tab, including the Dependents table
Here a few things that will help as you move forward.
- Employee information syncs FROM BambooHR to Maxwell. Therefore, it is important that BambooHR is used as your employee information base. You should see those changes reflected in Maxwell within minutes.
- New hires should be added to BambooHR. In order to ensure that the sync is successful you need to make sure that the following fields are filled in:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Birth date
- Hire date
- Pay rate and type
- Standard hours per week
- Benefit Group
- Employees must be assigned to a benefit group so that Maxwell will know which benefits to offer the employee. If you have employees that are not eligible, you will want to add them to the ineligible group. Every employee needs to be in a benefit group. If an employee changes eligibility during their employment, be sure to update this field.
- When an employee leaves your company, you must terminate them properly by adding a termination date (Gears icon on employee page>>Terminate employee). This will prevent the employee from showing eligible during your next enrollment period.
- If you rehire an employee, you will need to make sure to update the hire date so that it will trigger a QLE (Qualifying Life Event) in Maxwell Health.
- Any Maxwell related questions that your employees may have should be directed to Maxwell support. Additionally, if there is something that you need in regards to your Maxwell integration, please contact Maxwell Support. The reason this is the best process is that a ticket can be created and support and resolution will be handled more efficiently.
Similarly, any questions you have in direct regards to your BambooHR account can be directed to a BambooHR Support Hero.
Remember, Maxwell Health offers weekly webinars and can provide modular training whenever needed. Reach out to their support with any questions.