How does stratustime® integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what you can use stratustime® for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
stratustime®'s revolutionary cloud-based time & attendance software can be integrated with most payroll systems and can be placed on almost any device. Mobile phones. The PC in your backroom. And because it lives in the cloud, stratustime is always improving. With stratustime web services, we offer an open API that allows external systems to connect seamlessly to the stratustime SaaS engine. This integration allows automatic synchronization of employee data and the export of timesheet data for payroll.
You can learn more about stratustime® in BambooHR Marketplace.
After logging in to your stratustime® account, click the drop-down menu next to your name and click on Configurations or the gear icon. Click General at the top of the left menu. Select Authorization Apps.
Click BambooHR API Authorization App,* and then select Authorize.
*If you do not see BambooHR listed, please contact your stratustime® implementation coordinator or a support advisor.
In the pop-up box, enter your BambooHR subdomain.* Click Submit.
*Your subdomain is the very first part of your BambooHR URL. For example, if I log in to my account by going to https://helpcontent.bamboohr.com, your subdomain would be helpcontent.
If you have not logged in to BambooHR, a new window will automatically open with your BambooHR URL. Enter your login credentials.* If you have already logged in, it will automatically link your access.
*For security reasons, we recommend creating a non-employee user in BambooHR to authenticate the connection.
After logging in to BambooHR, a success message will appear, and you can close the window.
Go back to stratustime® and refresh the Authorization Apps grid. You will then see a green checkmark verifying the app authorization.
If you do not see a green checkmark, try connecting again or reach out to your stratustime® implementation coordinator or a support advisor.
You can find this information in BambooHR Marketplace. To learn more about syncing fields, please click here.
Navigate the drop-down under your name and click Configuration or the gear icon. Select Imports in the left side menu and click Imports.
Click on the gear icon at the left of BambooHR Employee Import to set up the import.
Additionally, you also have the following options on this page:
- Run an import of employees from BambooHR manually.
- Review the import history to see the status of past imports. When viewing the history, you can hover over a row to see a magnifying glass icon. If you click on the icon, you will see detailed information about the import.
Import Settings allow you to customize the field mapping between BambooHR and stratustime® to meet your specific needs. The default settings only require the Employee ID, Last Name, and First Name fields. New employee default fields will populate any unmapped data.
Additionally, you can opt to receive an email with the import log each time the import completes.
If you scroll to the bottom of the pop-up box, you will see the import schedule. Click on the green plus icon to set up the import schedule if you would like to automate the import. We do not recommend scheduling the import to occur more than twice per day.
An administrator can export timesheets at the end of each pay period to send the hours worked to Payroll.
Navigate the drop-down list under your name and click Manager Dashboard.
Click on the Reports tab, select Exports, and click BambooHR Timesheet Export under Standard Exports. This will display the Export Settings dialog box.
Configure the data format for export:
- Include Pay Rate: When checked, the export will send pay rate information, if available. If unchecked, it omits pay rate information, allowing Payroll to populate this information.
- Include Actual Hours Only: If forecasting is in use and this box has a checkmark, it will exclude any forecasted time from the export. When unchecked, the system will export forecasted time in place of actual time for any day the employee has both. Otherwise, the actual time will export.
- Duplicate Shift Differentials as Regular: This option will add a line to the export data for each shift with a shift differential, resulting in one line marked as the differential pay amount and the other as regular time or overtime, as applicable.
- Export Default Worked Hours for Salaried Employees: You can enable this setting if salaried employees need to be in the file regardless of the number of hours or if tracked. This also includes sub-settings for the number of work hours and the export code to use.
The export can run without transmitting for review purposes or directly to BambooHR by selecting the Transmit box.
Once the export is complete, the receipt is available for download by selecting the entry in the righthand column. Any errors will list in this file.