How does stratustime Integrate with BambooHR?
Purpose: To help you understand what stratustime is used for and how you can integrate it with BambooHR.
stratustime's revolutionary cloud-based time & attendance software can be integrated with most payroll systems and can be placed on almost any device. Mobile phones. The PC in your backroom. And because it lives in the cloud, stratustime is always improving. With stratustime web services, we offer an open API which allows external systems to connect seamlessly to the stratustime SaaS engine. This integration allows automatic synchronization of employee data and export of timesheet data for payroll.
You can learn more about stratustime in BambooHR's Marketplace.
Once logged into your stratustime account, click the drop-down menu next to your name and click on "Configurations" or the gear icon. Click "General" at the top of the left menu. Then select "Authorization Apps."
Click on the "BambooHR API Authorization App"* and then select "Authorize."
*If you do not see BambooHR listed, please contact your stratustime implementation coordinator or a support advisor.
In the pop-up box, enter your BambooHR subdomain.* Click "Submit."
*Note that your subdomain is just the very first part of your BambooHR URL. For example, if you normally log into your account by going to https://helpcontent.bamboohr.com, then your subdomain would simply be "helpcontent."
If you aren't currently logged into BambooHR, a new window will automatically open up to your BambooHR URL. If you are already logged in, it will automatically link your access. Enter your login credentials.*
*For security reasons, we recommend creating a non-employee user in BambooHR to authenticate the connection.
Once you log into BambooHR, a success message will appear and you can close the window.
Go back to stratustime and refresh the Authorization Apps grid. You should then see a green checkmark verifying the app has been authorized.
If you do not see a green checkmark, try connecting again or reach out to your stratustime implementation coordinator or a support advisor.
This information can be found in the BambooHR Marketplace. For more information, please click here to learn more about syncing fields.
Navigate to the drop-down under your name and click "Configuration" or the gear icon. Select "Imports" in the left side menu and click on "Imports."
Click the gear to the left of "BambooHR Employee Import" to set up the import.
Additionally, you also have the following options on this page:
- Manually run an import of employees from BambooHR.
- Review the Import history to see the status of past imports. When viewing the history, you can hover over a row to see a magnifying glass icon. If you click on the icon, you will see detailed information about the import.
Import Settings allow you to customize the field mapping between BambooHR and stratustime to meet your specific needs. By default, only the Employee ID, Last Name, and First Name are required, as New Employee defaults will be used to populate any unmapped data.
Additionally, you can opt to receive an email with the import log each time the import completes.
If you scroll to the bottom of the pop-up, you will see the import schedule. Click the green plus icon to set the import schedule if you'd like to automate the import. We do not recommend setting the schedule to more often than twice per day.
Timesheets can be exported at the end of each pay period by an administrator in order to send the worked hours to Bamboo Payroll.
Navigate to the drop-down under your name and click "Manager Dashboard.".
Click the "Reports" tab, then select "Exports" and click on "BambooHR Timesheet Export" under "Standard Exports." This will display the Export Settings dialog.
This is where you can configure how the data will be formatted for export:
- Include Pay Rate: When checked, the export will send Pay Rate information, if available. If unchecked, Pay Rate information will be omitted, allowing Payroll to populate this information.
- Include Actual Hours Only: If forecasting is in use and this box is checked, this will exclude any and all Forecasted time from the export. When unchecked, the system will export Forecasted time in place of Actual time for any day which the employee has both. Otherwise, the actual time is exported.
- Duplicate Shift Differentials as Regular: This option will add an additional line to the export data for each shift with a Shift Differential, resulting in one line marked as the differential pay amount, and the other as Regular time or Overtime, as applicable.
- Export Default Worked Hours for Salaried Employees: If salaried employees need to be included in the file regardless of the number of hours or if they were tracked, this setting can be enabled. Sub-settings for the number of work hours and the export code to use are also included.
The export can be run without transmitting for review purposes or transmitted directly to BambooHR by selecting the Transmit box.
Once the export is complete, the receipt is available for download by selecting the entry in the righthand column. Any errors which were encountered will be listed in this file.