Timesheets on the Employee Profile
What information is available on the Timesheet Tab?
Purpose: Enabling BambooHR Time Tracking for an employee creates the Timesheets tab on the employee's profile. This guide will teach you more details that are available on the Timesheets tab.
Single Daily Entry
A higher-level user can enable BambooHR Time Tracking for an employee to have the Timesheet tab appear on their employee profile. You, as an employee, will find the following information on the Timesheet tab:
- Pay Period: View a timesheet for a specific pay period and select any pay period in the past 12 months (rolling).
- Timesheet Settings: Select if you would like to show Weekends (please note that days that have entered hours will always display), a Daily Graph (the bar graph in the summary), or a Pay Period Total.
- Change History: The change history lets you select a day within a pay period and see the history of changes made on a time entry (see below).
- Pay Period Begins: Only days within the current pay period allow you to enter hours unless there is an approval for hours in the previous pay period. You cannot enter hours on the days before the current pay period if approved.
- Hours Worked: Enter the hours worked for each day. If you have Edit access, you can edit any time entries added to your timesheet until its approval.*
- Project/Task or Note: If you add a project and task or note to a time entry, it will show below the time entry.
- Holidays: Company holidays shows on a timesheet, including the holiday rate for hours worked on the holiday. If you do not work on holidays or are set up with BambooHR Time Tracking where a user gives each employee a specific number of hours on a paid holiday, you will see the total number of the allotted hours of the holiday in the timesheet. Holiday hours for the pay period will only display on a timesheet if the hire date is before the holiday. If your hire date changes, the timesheet will automatically recalculate and display the holiday if it occurs after the hire date.
- Paid Time Off: If you have paid time off, it will show on your timesheet. You can still enter time worked on that day since not all time off will be for a full day.
- Current Day: Today's date will show in the account color.
- Timesheet Summary: See an overview of total hours worked during a specific workweek and pay period, including overtime. The chart shows gray bars for future days in the pay period, representing the hours worked during the same days last week. Once you enter time, the bars will be in the account color. Hover over each bar in the chart to see the number of hours worked per day and the date.
*The timesheet in the screenshot above is for Single Daily Entry. The screenshot below will show you the Multiple Daily Entry format.
Timesheet Change History allows you to pick a date in a pay period and see all changes that have occurred on the selected date. The history includes the date, time, and person who completed the following actions:
- Clock in and out
- Add time entry, project/task, note
- Edit time entry, project/task, note
- Delete time entry
- Remove project/task, note
A phone icon indicates that an update is complete in the mobile app.
Multiple Daily Entry (with time clock)
If you are using the Multiple Daily Entry format for tracking hours worked, the following features will be available on a timesheet:
- Clock In/Clock Out: If a higher-level user enables the time clock in Time Tracking settings, you will see a button to clock in or clock out in the top right corner of the Timesheet tab. The buttons will also show on Home for quick and easy time tracking. If you are not using the time clock, you can add your time entry in segments that allows for multiple daily entries (see below). If you are using project tracking, a pull-down menu will appear to clock in and select a project to assign to the time entry.
- Multiple Entries: Each day has a recorded history of all hours worked. A new line appears each time you clock in and clock out. If you have Edit access to timesheets, you can edit any of the time entries within the current pay period as long as they were not approved yet. Clicking the clock icon to the right of the day's details will show you a history of changes for that specific day. Additionally, you can click Change History in the top right corner of a timesheet to see its history within the current pay period. If you are not currently clocked-in, you can add a manual time entry by hovering over a specific day in the pay period. If there is a note attached to the time entry, you will see the note icon upon hover. If there is a future time entry in the pay period, you cannot clock in until the time entry is in the past. If you are using project tracking, the project will show inline with a time entry.
If you are using the Multiple Daily Entry format with the time clock and enter time with the mobile app, a higher-level user will see an option in Settings to require your (the employee) location when clocking in and out. A map icon will appear next to a timesheet entry if you add one via the mobile app with a required location. You can click on the map icon to see the location information (see below).
There are a few important things to note when using geolocation:
- The location detail includes a map with a PIN, radius circle of accuracy, and nearest address if applicable.
- If clock-in and clock-out locations are within 50 meters of each other, it will group them with one PIN indicating both the clock-in and clock-out locations.
- The location accuracy is generally good but can vary depending on many factors (device, GPS, Wi-Fi, cellular service, obstructions, etc.) We will show the margin of error with a circle around the clock-in or clock-out location. An address will show if the location accuracy is high. If accuracy is low, only the city and state will likely show.
- If Settings have a location requirement, you will need to enable location services on your mobile device to clock in and out within the native mobile apps.
- Users cannot edit or change locations.
If an employee has any approved timesheets, the Timesheet tab will appear on their employee profile, even if the employee becomes salary (removed from Time Tracking) or gets terminated.