Purpose: A correction request form is for when TRAXPayroll needs to adjust payroll data in our internal systems to report accurate tax filings and year-to-date payroll data. This help guide will show you how to submit a correction request using this form.
Once receiving the correction request form, TRAXPayroll will process the corrections in our internal systems. If there is incorrect information reported, TRAXPayroll’s tax team can then submit amendments to the associated tax agencies.
Corrections occur on a first-come, first-served basis, and TRAXPayroll cannot accommodate expediting a request. This allows the tax team of TRAXPayroll to work systematically through these requests as efficiently as possible. The typical turnaround time for these corrections are as follows:
- January - April: 60-90 days
- May - December: 30-60 days
After the correction processes in TRAXPayroll’s internal systems, the tax team will then submit an amendment to the associated tax agency. The amendment will notify the agency of the correction and impacts to taxes. The typical turnaround time for submission of an amendment to the associated tax agency is as follows:
- May - November: 60-90 days
- December -April: 90-120 days
The following is additional information detailing each step of filling out the correction/amendment form.
- 2% shareholder employer health insurance cost (reported on Box 14 of W2 and can be recorded during payroll using the extra pay type name “Non Payable Taxable Benefit 2%”).
- Deduction (medical, child support, HSA, retirement, etc.).
- Employee data change (local or state tax location, name, SSN, etc.).
- Group term life (reported on box 12 C of W-2 and can be recorded during payroll using the extra pay type name “Imputed Income - GTL”).
- Taxable fringe benefits (employee stock options, personal use of company vehicle, tuition, transportation, etc.).
- Third-party sick pay (short or long-term disability pay, insurance provider sick pay, etc.).
- Wages paid outside of payroll.
- Message Support directly because the issue is too complex.
- Company name
- TRAXPayroll client ID
- Company contact's first name and last name
- Employee TRAXPayroll ID
- Employee's first name and last name
- Pay date(s) that need correction
- Pay type
- Tax type
- Deduction type
- Any additional relevant information
Please note if you are submitting corrections for more than four employees, we ask that you request in the Message Details box at the bottom of the request form to have a spreadsheet template sent to you. A representative will provide this spreadsheet to you shortly.